Friday, February 4, 2011

Everybody knows your name...

So this will be My first blog ever.. I think it's about time! I finally have things going on in my life worth writing about... or at least I think so. Who knows this might just be an epic fail... only time will tell.


So its about 3:30 am and my daughter Macey (she is the baby) is sick. I have been up for the last couple hours debating weather or not it's necessary to spend the next 8 hours in the ER... man I hate the emergency room. What usually happens, is we sit in the waiting room with either too many people... and it takes forever, or absolutely nobody... and it takes forever... then we finally get in to see the doctor he pokes my baby until she is screaming!!! Gives me a prescription for Tylenol, which for whatever reason if you get it from the pharmacy is like 10x's more expensive (and you think it would do something fancy like cure her! NOPE! It is exactly the same), and then we go home and wait for the whole ting to pass because its almost always just a cold with a fever and nothing else. At least I get to hear how the nurses dog is doing (last time he was sick). You know you spend way to much time in the ER when the doctors, nurses, and the guy at the front desk who does all the paperwork  know you on a first name basis and can say things like "...remember the time you..." or "back so soon..."! Yeah so I'm not a fan of the emergency room! On the other hand however I'm one of those paranoid mothers... and I love to google everything! So of course I run to the computer at the first sign of sickness and start googling her symptoms! Which by the way if you are like me is NEVER a good idea, because sure enough in just a matter of minutes I'm on the floor crying my eyes out because I think my daughter has TB... because one of the symptoms just happens to match hers (didn't matter that all the rest of the symptoms had absolutely no correlation). So here I am and it is now almost 4 am my husband fell asleep listening to me obsess about all the crazy things I think might be happening to my baby... it's getting late I should be sleeping... I guess this will all have to wait till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment